June 15, 2017
Top Tips To Condition Your Hair!
- Prepping Your Washed Hair: After you’ve rinsed out your shampoo, squeeze some of the water out of your hair before you condition your hair with Revitalize Conditioner.
- Applying Conditioner: Add conditioner from the mid-lengths of your hair to the tips. You don’t need to condition your hair at the roots because the natural oil from your scalp is more concentrated there; you don’t need it.
- Let It Sit: If your hair is long, clip it up and finish showering. The longer the conditioner stays on your hair, the better it absorbs. Rinse out the conditioner as the final step in your shower.
- Give Hair a Squeeze: Before you rinse, though, give your hair a few gentle squeezes since excess water dilutes your conditioner and prevents hair from soaking up moisturizing ingredients.
- Bring On the Cold: This conditioning tip is important. Finish with a cold water rinse. Cold water will shut the cuticle tight, sealing the shingle-like outer layer. This will cause it to reflect the most light and shine.
- Pick Products for Your Hair Type: Most importantly, be sure to select a shampoo and conditioner that are made especially for your hair type. If your hair is dry, choose moisturizing products like Renew Shampoo and Restore Leave-In Conditioner. If you color your hair, opt for color-safe formulas and extra special treatments, like masques such as Replenish Masque. Volumizing products are great for fine hair types; try Revive Shampoo and Revitalize Conditioner.